SP Kennel is a premier sled dog racing kennel in Two Rivers, Alaska, dedicated to the individual dog through excellent health, nutrition, training and specialized care.
Meet and Greet at the Crowne Plaza, Anchorage, March 6th 4.00-5.30pm - more details soon

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

CB300: Finish

I left Aliy, Allen, Bridgett and Bob in Wolverine at about 11pm and drove back to my headquarters here in Glennallen. Although you will have to wait until I see them again tomorrow before I can record any kind of post-race report, I wanted you to at least see them at the finish. So, I've edited the two clips together in this video.

I didn't do any narration during the footage because I wanted to try to pick up the ambient sounds, dialogue, etc. As it has turned out, I think it does even more than give you the "sounds" of the finish line. I think it gives you a pretty good "feeling" of what it is like to be amongst a few hardy souls, standing on a frozen lake in the middle of the night, to greet mushers who have just finished a 60 hour ordeal.

No comments: