As the saying goes around here, "We've got a lot to do!":
• At least 32 dogs must be brought up to Iditarod levels of fitness, so that means we'll be running most of the dogs in the Kennel practically every day!We look forward to sharing all our activities and progress with you, so stay tuned!
• The "drop bags" of supplies have to be packed up and shipped out to about 20 checkpoints for both teams. At an average of two bags per team per checkpoint, that's a total of about 80 bags and a total weight of almost two tons!
• To get the "drop bags" ready, we will spend many days cutting snacks, bagging food, sorting booties, counting out batteries, hand warmers, etc.
• Dog boxes need to be refurbished and shipped to Nome -- for the dogs to travel in on their way back to the Kennel.
• The list goes on and on...
We're "on the clock" and going at full speed!