Happy's Last Night In Nome

Hi, I'm Happy! I'm always Happy... That's why they call me Happy!

I am happy to share this picture with you because it shows Bridgett hugging me at the finish line here in Nome. Bridgett is soooooo nice to all the dogs and she has always been nice to me, but now she is really nice to me. What a difference there is in my life now that I'm an Iditarod dog! Do you think this picture makes my nose look weird? It's true I have kind of a hound dog nose, but does it really look like that? And what's up with that big bulge on the top of my head? It must be something wrong with the picture, because I do not have a bulging head. Do I? Oh, wow, this looking at yourself can really make you crazy. I think maybe looking at yourself should not be on the "Happy Do List." This picture doesn't make me very happy after all. Do my cheeks look fat? Oh, stop the madness!

Anyway, if you look at the picture really carefully, you can see two special things: One is the piece of reflective tape that Allen put on my collar ring so that drunk snow machine drivers would see me at night and not hit me. Was that nice of him, or what? The other is my very first piece of jewelry! That's right, the little red tag you see on my collar ring is my Iditarod identification tag. It has my team number on it and also a letter for my place on the team. All the dogs got them, but this is my first so it is really special. I've never dreamed I would ever have jewelry. Can you believe it? Me, a poor village dog with jewelry!

Everything is happening so fast that I'm a little topsy-turvy! I'll be flying out tomorrow and won't get back to the Kennel until late on Wednesday, so it will probably be later in the week when I write to you again. I can't wait to get back and see all my other Kennel mates. A lot of them don't have any jewelry... They'll be so jealous!

Talk to you soon!

Love, Happy

Labels: ,