Iditarod 2009: The Happy Smooch!

It's late and I'm really tired, but it just didn't seem right not to share "The Happy Smooch" with you right away...

That's right, as unbelievable as it may be, Happy made it to Nome! What is perhaps even more unbelievable is the number of people who were at the finish line, in the freezing cold at midnight, asking "Which one is Happy? Where's Happy? Where's the guy who's gonna smooch her bottom?" There were even a few chanting "Happy! Happy! Happy!" As Bridgett's husband Scotty put it, "Happy's a rock star!"

I was so thrilled -- and proud -- to see Happy running down Front Street and charging up the chute that I can hardly describe it. So, it was with great honor that I posed with the crazy girl then smooched her bottom, right there on Front Street, right there in front of everybody. What a moment!



I don't know what's ahead for Happy, but I do know that she has already accomplished more than anyone could have ever predicted she would. On top of her astonishing Iditarod performance, Happy has touched the hearts of many people and I don't know if it gets any better than that.

So, stay tuned for Happy updates... Somehow I'm just sure there will be more to "The Happy Story!"

Labels: , , , ,