From the Iditarod Trail to the Couch

This is a Hoss retirement update.

Many folks ask me how can I possibly let one of my prized sled dogs retire to another home. As I always say ... it takes the right human combined with the right dog. I just got a letter from Tom in Pennsylvannia and you'll see that from what he says, they certainly make that perfect combination.


"Hoss is the hit of the neighborhood! He is so well-behaved compared to the other mutts on the hill. He did go visiting the other day, though. I usually let him lay outside in the front yard when I am home and he doesn't go wandering. I check on him from time to time, just to make sure he's not getting into any trouble (like what trouble could happen here?.....)

Well, he disappeared and came back after a few calls. He came loping up from the neighbor two doors down (they have a lab puppy and it was trash day) but there didn't seem to be any ruckus.

He has taken over MY spot on the couch!! Now that is going too far.

We got him a bed, what more does he want? No, he is NOT getting my spot on the bed. He can sleep in my tent any time, but a man's home is his castle (ha, ha).

He is becoming every retired sled dog's dream...a pampered pup!"

Labels: