Iditarod 2010: Saturday Night

Well... We still don't have any "news"... But here's what I "see"...

Aliy made her run down the Yukon today with stops in Galena and Nulato, then blew through Kaltag with all 12 of her dogs. That tells me she is happy with her run and is pushing on toward the coast at Unalakleet. I can't say -- because I just don't know -- what her strategy is, but it looks to me like she's "making a move."

Meanwhile, Allen's Black Team is in Galena, making good time down the Yukon. This is the first time many of his 12 dogs have ever experienced anything like the seemingly endless trek down the river, and we can hope that his veterans -- Teddy, Petunia and Oddball -- are "schooling" the youngsters on how to "get after it"

It's obviously become an exciting race, with changes in the running order all through the top of the leader board. The "second third" of the race is coming to a close and we should really start to see who's got "the right stuff" as the teams pass through Unalakleet. I just got a text from Bridgett that she is there, waiting on the teams to arrive, so we can hope for an update sometime tomorrow morning.

I will be leaving the Kennel at about noon tomorrow to catch my flights to Nome. If all goes well, I will be able to post some kind of "news" before I go, then a follow-up when I get there late tomorrow night. It's "that time" in the Iditarod when all we can do is watch, wait, cheer and hope! Stay tuned!

Labels: