Iditarod 2010: Tuesday Morning Update

Aliy is out of Rohn and on her way to Nikolai with 15 dogs of the Red Team. I do not know which dog she dropped in Rohn. According to a text message I just received from Bridgett, Aliy is ahead of her "race plan" and doing very well.

Allen's Black Team is also out of Rohn and -- again according to Bridgett -- is right on his plan. He has dropped two dogs, only one of which I know to be Olivia who has a sore shoulder.

I am still in Anchorage after a day/night of snow, and now plan to drive back to Fairbanks tomorrow. I will try to pick up Olivia -- plus any of the other dropped dogs who have made their way back here by tomorrow morning -- and drive them back to the Kennel with me.

Later today I plan to edit and post some video from before the start that I think you will find interesting. Almost certainly something you haven't seen beforeā€¦ Stay tuned!

Labels: